Friday’s 10 Happy Things is a blog meme started by Helga where we list the things that made us smile (or laugh) during the week.
Third world internet problems pissed me off this morning when I couldn’t go online 3 hours before I needed to work, and there were things I needed to do before working. I had to go back to this list to remind myself about the positive things that happened in my life earlier this week.
- Let’s start with this cute puppy who had “too much sugar”.
Cute puppy vids are one of the things that never fails to make me smile. You would see a lot of them in my weekly meme because I keep seeing them in my Facebook feed every day.
- I’ve downloaded games for my phone again! I stopped playing games a while back because I didn’t have time for them when there were other things that occupied my attention. But I deleted Tinder (LOL) because it has lost its “fun” appeal on me and I needed the additional distraction to keep me from getting bored and falling asleep on my desk. Out of the 8 games, I am mostly into City 2048, Triple Town, and Alpha Bear. I’ll feature them in a few days.
- Another #BFFTuesdate. Need I say more? We finally got caught up with all the lost time between us, but we still never run out of things to talk about. I love her to bits.
- OH. I had a salary increase, a small one, but still helps a lot. With proper financial management, I will be able to pay off my credit card debt. YAY!
- In relation to #4, I feel such an adult because I already got to pay the electricity and water, I’ve also set aside my half of the rent. Next month, I’ll be able to pay it in full. I have just enough to last me till next pay day. I don’t have that worrying feeling anymore. Not that I worry, but there’s always that feeling of grasping at straws whenever due dates are approaching.
- I was supposed to go to Zomato’s 7th Anniversary but didn’t make it. *sad face* I was looking forward to that all week! But as a ‘consolation’, I had dinner with friends instead at Mesa and had too much to eat.
- This hilarious video of a BullMastifftattling on his friend, a French Bulldog. I watched it over and over again.
- Received great news. There’s a possibility of us moving into one of mom’s BFF’s house. Her family is migrating and she asked us if we would like to house-sit for them. It’s great news because we wouldn’t need to pay rent anymore, just the basic expenses, and it means I would get to save my money. Thinking about it has got me super excited, but that means I would have to pack again. 🙁
- Binge watching Heroes this week, in preparation for Heroes Reborn in the fall. I know it’s too early, but I just felt like watching it now. Since mom has been home sick, she watches with me (which gets annoying sometimes because she would ask about things that will be revealed in the next scene or episode and I would have to answer them).
- I think it counts for next week, but I’ll add it too because it’s also one of the things I’m looking forward to this week. I am meeting some bookish girlfriends tomorrow at Eastwood. I haven’t read anything for months and am totally out of the loop in the book community, but it’s always a pleasure meeting people with the same interests. Who knows, maybe this will get me out of the reading slump.
That’s my ten. They’re very ordinary since I don’t go out much again, but it makes you look for positive things on a daily basis and appreciate the little things that make you happy. What’s your 10 happy things? Comment below or join the linky.