Where to start? Well, I already wrote an obligatory resolution post, but right now I feel like there’s so many things I still need to do in my life. I realized I have been procrastinating for 10 years and it has been a tough decade. I am immature, irresponsible and undisciplined for a 26-yr-old woman. How do I resolve this? I guess by making plans. I am never good at making plans, God knows how many time I tried keeping a planner and sticking with it but I would always fail. My current living situation prevents me from sticking to my plans because I always had to adjust depending on what my mom’s schedule is. But that is going to change this year because my mom wants to learn how to drive [I am also urging her to do so] so she doesn’t have to rely on me when she needs to do her errands. I can always commute, I kinda miss commuting coz I sleep when I commute and I can’t sleep when I’m driving now can I?
I have some ideas on what I want to do with my life in general. On top of that, I will make monthly plans which I will write here, as well as writing it down in my notebook and/or iPod [iPhone in 2 days]. My problem is following through. I have a habit of starting things but never finishing them. This year would be different; this year I would finish what I started. At the risk of sounding redundant, here is the plan.
[WARNING: Very long post ahead]
- Renew driver’s license. It’s so hard to live in this world without an ID. Since I am unemployed, the only IDs I have are my driver’s license and passport, both have expired in 2011. I have been irresponsible and neglected to renew it for reasons of laziness. I almost succeeded in renewing my license last November but unfortunately, drug testing wasn’t available and I gave up and went home.
- Organize things in the house. Since we just moved in here in Cavite, there are a lot of things that needs to be thrown out/given away and during that process, I want to organize our possessions. Last October I started small and organized the accessories materials though I may have to relocate them coz the drawer thing’s bottom gave in, one wheel broke off. I also made a new sewing kit with complete materials; and made a cross-stitch/crochet kit.
- Finish reading City of Bones. I read 3 ebooks last March, this should be easy. I started reading this ebook after I finished Mockingjay but it was kinda boring so I kept putting it off. I could choose to read a different book but I really want to find out what this series [The Mortal Instruments] is all about. Maybe listening to it would help, I have been listening to audiobooks while working around the house but I would often find myself not paying too much attention to what I’m hearing.
- Take Mia to VTRs. This plan is not just for her career but also with mine. Maybe I have a chance of becoming a commercial model, I just have to try.
- Finish my Pooh cross-stitch and start a new pattern. I am almost done with the Winnie the Pooh and Piglet pattern. Just one more sitting and it’s done and I’m still putting it off. I hate myself for doing that. [I’m looking for the progress pictures in Facebook and I can’t find it. FUCK YOU FACEBOOK!]
- Learn Spanish by listening to podcasts and checking into Livemocha at least an hour a day or once a week. I really want to learn a different language.
- Refresher course on HTML/CSS and programming shit. Learn HTML5. ‘Nuff said.
- Try to exercise at least 30 minutes a day. Simple exercises like sit-ups and push-ups should do it. I could also go walking in the morning but that would mean I have to wake up early. 8am will probably do.
- Fix my bike so I can go riding. See #8.
- Lessen internet usage. I want to limit myself to a number of hours per day but that would totally kill me so I will take it one day at a time.
- Sleep early, wake up early, do more things around the house.
I will not try to look for a job just yet. I tried and remembered how depressing it was to be under-qualified for job listings under my career path. I can’t get accepted to other jobs because they think I am over-qualified for the position. This has been my problem for the past year and yet I have done nothing to improve my knowledge.
A friend recently went back to school and it got me thinking, my mom has been suggesting that I go back to school since I am not looking for a job anyway. But then again I have no money to send myself to school and I don’t want to ask my mom to pay for it. There are a couple of universities near this location and I checked out their websites. One is offering short courses which I am really interested in taking, the other has multimedia arts course that is also under consideration. The former is in a father location than the latter but both would probably cost a lot to enroll in. To send myself back to college, I need to work, but to get a job, I need a refresher course. This is where the plan to self-study comes in. School is always an option especially now that there are a lot of new technologies available. As for a temporary job, I can always get in in a call center, but I do not like it.
I have tried and failed doing this project for about 5 times already. Do I dare try doing it again? Someone suggested that I start with 52 weeks project, it would be easier to accomplish. Maybe I will. Do I need a theme or just do whatever I feel like doing? If I do a weekly theme, it needs planning and preparation. I don’t know. I’m not sure. I’m undecided. But I want to do it. I can follow themes from Flickr groups. I miss Filipina Flickrites even though I suck at self-portraits.