How did you spend Christmas today? Since mom and I aren’t traditional, Christmas is just a regular day for us. It’s an extra day where can have more rest. We don’t have a tree and we didn’t set up Christmas lights either. We also live far from the rest of the family, but we’ll see them on Sunday when we celebrate my grandfather’s birthday.
Don’t get me wrong, there’s still a lot of things to be grateful for.
- Bought Christmas gifts for my godchildren, mom’s siblings, and my BFF. So far those are the only people I could afford to give gifts to. Hopefully, my gift giving budget will grow next year.
- I’m recovering from colds. As of writing, my nose isn’t as clogged as last week. I still have a little cough, but it will be gone in a few days time. And then I will get it back when I overeat on my lolo’s birthday on Sunday.
- A new sala set. I woke up one day and found new furniture in the house. It’s made of bamboo, as seen in the photo above. It’s like our furbabies’ new “bed”, but they still sleep on mine.
- Getting in touch with old friends. My former swimming buddy, who I haven’t seen in 15 years and only got in touch with thru Facebook, is in town for a couple of days. We’re meeting tomorrow.
- Having the strength and attention span to finish work in 4 days just because I didn’t want to work on Christmas.
- Young & Hungry. It’s a new show I watched earlier this week starring Emily Osment. It has a 2 Broke Girls feel but different plot. It’s funny, it has its moments and I like it.
- No actual fights with my mom! It has been days since we last argued about something petty. And that’s something I’m happy about.
- STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS. I watched it last Friday and it was PERFECTION! I loved it. I’ve been a fan since 1999. I know the series could do without the prequel, but it’s what made me watch the original films in the first place. Although I have to admit I fell asleep the first 2 times I watched A New Hope. It wasn’t until 2005 when I tried to watch it again that I fully appreciated how epic Star Wars is. I’m going to watch The Force Awakens again in January, when MMFF is over.
- Speaking of MMFF, I watched My Bebelove #kiligpamore with mom tonight. It has a light plot, not much story in it really, but it made me feel giddy and happy.
- More reading time. I know I should be reading more with my review queue but somehow I spent the past 2 weeks watching YouTube videos of late night talk shows, live performances, and music videos. I think I’m over that in the meantime so I can do more reading. HA!
What made you happy this week? How did you spend your Christmas? I’d like to read all about it. Please leave your links in the comments and I’ll drop by your blog. ^_^