Friday’s 10 Happy Things | 006
Aaaand I’m back. Friday’s 10 Happy Things is a link up started by Helga at Ditz-Revolution. It’s where we list 10 things that made me/us happy during the week.
I just realized I skipped the link up for the whole month of August, it wasn’t intentional, but I guess August wasn’t really that good to me. *sad face emoticon*
- Had a mini high school reunion last week because 2 of our batchmates were in Manila. One of them was based in Cebu while the other got married and is now based in Singapore. We had dinner and drinks at Anuman bar in Kapitolyo, Pasig and then some of us went to Valkyrie to party. It was my first time to go to an actual *tugs tugs* club and it was fun. I enjoyed the experience and even had an idea for a blog post which I hope I could publish sooner rather than later.
- I finally have DSL at home! YAY! After a month-long awful connection speed I’ve been getting with SmartBro, I’m so glad I have a more reliable ISP now. You could say that was one of the reasons I haven’t been blogging *excuses* because pages take forever to load and I spent most of my days trying to work in the hours – it was stressing me out. Glad to have that out of the way now.
- I grabbed the Skillshare promo of $0.99 for 3 months. I checked it out last night and enrolled for some classes that would improve what little skills I have. I am quite excited coz it’s like a refresher course for me and I really need this kind of skill set if I want to establish a life as a digital nomad.
- One day I thought of a name for a food blog and I went ahead and bought a domain. HA! It’s called Katakam-takam and I’m trying to work on it and I’m not sure how I would go about it. It’s hosted at blogger because I’m too broke to buy a hosting plan at the moment (This blog and my book blog are hosted by my friend). Anyway, you can bookmark it at katakamtakam.com, like the Facebook page, Instagram, and Twitter.
- #CTCinPH in 7 days! I had to “prepare” for it and went to National BookStore to purchase some books.
Okay, I didn’t plan to buy the books I was even convincing myself not to go but I was at the mall earlier this week and I passed by NBS and couldn’t help myself and bought 4 Colleen Hoover books using my credit card and the total damage was P2,400 and it hurts because I’m not even half-way there book-wise. I have not read any works of Tarryn Fisher or Christine Brae but the addict in me wants to get their books too since they’re already here and all. I’m so sad and happy and excited all at the same time.
- I got my room back! I mean, we got the electric fans fixed. I cleaned my room and have been sleeping there for the past few days and I am so happy I have some sort of privacy again.
- I found a way to “clone” the instagram app so I can simultaneously update my accounts without having to log on and off each time. It has its cons, but it has been neat for the most part. I will write about that on a separate post.
- Still book related, I’m waaay behind my Goodreads reading challenge, but I was able to finish The Selection by Kiera Cass and some of its novellas. Still trying to catch up to it and I just need better time management (working on it!)
- #AlDub at Eat Bulaga is still one of the things I look forward to daily. They would *hopefully* finally get to meet tomorrow. Some people speculate that they will finally, definitely meet tomorrow because they’re part of Vic Sotto’s movie entry to the MMFF this December. Way to cash in on the popularity eh?
- Spending extra quality time with my furbabies. I make it a point to cuddle and play with them every single day. I also try to “train” them in some way, to “hone” their talents. Someone might actually learn how to count. Hahaha. Jk.
What made you happy this week? Feel free to leave a comment or join the linky if you have your own blog. It’s fun to meet new people this way.